Tuesday, July 04, 2006

Acknowledgements












I've officially moved to Northumberland (until I leave for school). Before I begin this blog I'd like to thank some people who have helped me get this far: Fr. Thomas and Fr. Speer (my own priests), all the vestry and parishioners of GASP, and Bernhard (for the Monastic Diurnal), Rick, Susan, and Paul for offering to be part of my "parish lay committee," Fr. Catania SSC (for suggesting Quincy), Fr. Gordon (your support has been invaluable), Fr. English SJ (my spiritual director extraordinaire), Joyella and friends who gave me a lovely send off, and finally my family, [et bien sûr, sans un autre mot, mon âme, Francine]

8 comments:

Baus said...

ah, Francine.

Anyway, be sure to make a few entries before you leave. You know, tell us about your holiday in Norry.

jeff said...

i will. but probably not until next week. i'll be studying for a test i need to take to get into seminary and i'll be going to brady's wedding this weekend... i'll be driving your car so if it brakes again i'll just leave it on the side of the road (like you did mine ;-)

J. Gordon Anderson said...

have a safe journey to georgia!

Continuing Home said...

"Remnant"?

Adam said...

Looking forward to seeing what you have to say, Jeff. Best of luck to you, and do keep in touch with us at GASP.

jeff said...

Continuing Home:

"Remnant" as in the "remnant of Israel" (Is. 10:20) et. al. That is I think of myself as being faithful to God, the scriptures, and orthodox/catholic Anglicanism; unlike the modern and revisionist Epsicopals in ECUSA who really want to be Unitarians.

Anonymous said...

Dear Jeff:
Visited your blog from continuing anglican - I just started up a blog as well: www.gladtobeanglican.com - looks like we've got the same template!
Where will you be going to school?
The Lord be with you.

J. Gordon Anderson said...

Fr. Beckmann,

I enjoyed looking at your blog and will link to it if you do not mind. BTW, I know a number of very cool Anglicans who have attended Covenant College: myself, Mr. Baus, and Jeffrey Steel of the blog "Meam Commemorationem", among others.

Blessings,
SJA