Monday, July 24, 2006

Otherwise














I got a call today from Fr. Derbyshire (Bp. Ackerman’s secretary.) He seemed as shocked and confused as I was. He said he would look into it and get back to me. Still, if I am to believe Nashotah there is nothing they can do for me this year. I’m just hoping for a better explanation.

Otherwise my trip has been very enjoyable. I started off last Friday for my friend Brady’s wedding in Savannah. It was an outdoor wedding and reception, so it was a bit hot… but otherwise a top nock celebration. The wedding was conducted by a friend of theirs who is Baptist but thankfully used the Book of Common Prayer. The reception was one of the best I’ve ever been to: great food, plenty too drink, and old friends. From there I drove up to Chattanooga to spend the night. I visited an old friend Amy (Riley) Gast. She has three great kids now! Then I drove up to Carbondale, IL with my friend Luke from college. His brother had a boat that we took out on the lake. Then I drove for about 7 hours north to Nashotah…. Now I’m in Chicago visiting my friend Sarah. I'll probably drive straight home (pa) when I leave (I don’t know anyone in between); which should take around 12 hours.

2 comments:

Baus said...

I wish I could have gone to the wedding. I hope that was some comfort... seeing friends, etc. Talk to you soon.

Joyella said...

Any more news, Jeff?