Thursday, July 13, 2006

GRE:Suffering::MAT:Pleasure












I just completed the millers analogies test (MAT). Its a test of 120 analogies in 60 minutes. The questions encompass history, music, geography, art, literature, science, and about two questions about math. This is a great option for liberal art students. I recommend it if your graduate school accepts it instead of the GRE. It is much less painful and actually a little fun. I don't claim that I aced it but I'm sure I did OK. And besides its really just a formality; Nashotah doesn't say you have to get a certain score to be accepted. Most seminaries accept anyone who can pay. They are all hurting for money/students.

4 comments:

Joshua said...

Jeff -
I am very interested in your time at school, so keep us updated. I have a friend who is concidering going to Nashota (spelling?) and it might be good to have some inside information. As far as testing goes, have you taken the GRE, and if so how did it go and what kinds of study did you do?
Thanks and Cheers

Continuing Home said...

"Most seminaries accept anyone who can pay."

I am informed by our rector (a graduate of the APCK seminary, St. Joseph of Arimathea -- right in the heart of Berserkely) that the APCK seminary only accepts those from the APCK. Perhaps simply amplifying the word "mostly."

But I agree with jmahar, keep us updated! My bookmarks still contain an entry titled "conjectures of a guilty seminarian" (he was once a Nashotah House seminarian) and after a few changes now "a worker in the vineyard." http://www.kerygma.org/lee/

CH

jeff said...

I have never dared to take the GRE.

Anonymous said...

If you are applying this year The following website is very useful to manage the online application http://applycorner.com